Mr Andres' Trip to Saudia Arabia

Monday, December 17, 2007

Back in the groove!

I am back at Rockford and in the groove. Saudi Arabia was amazing and I would like to thank Aramco for giving us the opportunity to peek into Saudi Culture. Saudi Arabia is far from perfect, but it was refreshing to see beyond the news coverage. I learned a lot from this trip, but I would like to return to get a more comprehensive perspective. I am hoping they will select some of us to come back in the future to see more "typical" aspects of their culture. I do not think that anyone was trying to hide anything from us, but rather I think they wanted us to see Saudi Arabia in a positive light. Prior to the trip were sent articles regarding many of the controversial issues regarding Saudi Arabia. They weren't trying to hide anything, but they wanted a fair representation of the rest of their society. I need to go to the board meeting now...

Until next time.

No comments: